Technical Writer (Software)
Location : Chennai
Experience: 4 to 6 years
Salary: 7– 10 Lacs
- Work with Technical Publications Manager to determine scope, deliverables, and schedule for documentation projects.
- Create a documentation plan, if necessary, for the project.
- Comply with all project deliverables.
- Gather all relevant information from appropriate sources (database, pre-existing documents, and relevant SMEs) to create, develop or update documents.
- Develop and author content adhering to KLA processes and style guide.
- Incorporate review comments as required.
- Attend relevant PLC meetings to provide status and communicate changes as required.
- Capture and edit screenshots.
- Map and link documents to the VFI and update documents in the VFI.
- Track and report status, including roadblocks to meeting deliverables and potential resolution of those roadblocks.
- Generate and maintain KLA Document Change Request (DCR)/document ticket reports. Reduce the DCR/document ticket backlog.
- Understand Knowledge Services documentation development lifecycle.
- Understand the product/product development life cycle.
- Excellent English language communication and written skills.
- Proficient in DITA, Oxygen XML Editor, MS Word, Excel, and Visio/Smartdraw.
- Proficient in Adobe FrameMaker & Adobe Acrobat Professional.
- Knowledge of graphic tools, such as SnagIT & Photoshop.
- Experience with Content Management Systems such as Documentum/Webtop and Ixiasoft CCMS.
- High attention to details
- Self-motivated, highly proactive and independent.
- Be able to work on multiple documents in parallel.
- Flexibility to travel domestic/international
Education and Experience:
- 4-6 years of relevant Technical Writing experience with a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.